Sunday, June 1, 2014

To My Sister



You look really good in your new dp,
but are you sure that's all you want them to see?

They will see you for how you look,
instead of what sort of person you are,
how you think will be ignored for how pretty you are

They will love you for a face that won't stay the same,
not making the effort to discover the beauty of your heart
let alone know the meaning of your name

The beauty that is skin deep is no beauty at all,
words of flattery spoken by strangers do not define who you are

You look really good in your new dp,
but are you sure that's all you want them to see?

If only you knew the worth of your heart
you would truly know how beautiful you are.



From your brother in Islam,
Peace, Respect and Duas.
Shahraiz Tabassam


Anything good herein is due to the Blessings of Allah and only the shortcomings are my own. For them I seek forgiveness in Allah and expect that if I have offended anyone with my thoughts, they too will forgive me. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good one!

Anonymous said...

:)

meem said...

MA! So true and beautiful

Glitter said...

Great! MashaAllah. :)

Post a Comment